Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Left 4 Dead - Surviving Survival Mode (or not so much)

With Left 4 Dead's latest update, featuring a new gameplay mode accompanied by a brand-new campaign, there's a lot of zombie-killing for me to catch up on. Although Valve has done a great job at adapting certain parts of the four original campaigns to work well with Survival Mode, the newest map "Lighthouse" is currently the most interesting, offering a completely original experience for this game.

The first round I played with a few random strangers, and although our teamwork was about as harmonious as a troop of retarded monkeys with staple guns, it was still an incredibly entertaining experience. The new map is a blast to play:



Our teamwork didn't get much better, but that didn't detract from the fun (at least as far as I was concerned). This time around, the mentally-challenged primates and I opted for more familiar territory (the Crane scene from the Dead Air campaign), hoping to improve our game a bit. We still got rocked (notice I was the last one to die, though - w00t!):



After enduring a humiliating defeat at the hands of digital zombies, I decided to call in some of my whores from One World On-Line and do things the right way (thanks to <0w0|>DarkKnight, <0w0|>PuNcH, <0w0|>Sneaky-Biscuit© and eventually <0w0|>Killemall for helping me to delay my inevitable ass-kicking). This round went much better than the last two, but we still failed to do better than Bronze. Still, it was much more fun to have some actual teamwork going on - plus, these guys are hilarious:

No comments:

Post a Comment