Thursday, January 1, 2009

Introductions and crap...

Thanks for taking the time to read this - my hope is that I will eventually be able to write reviews for PC games that I own or have played before, as well as post news or interesting events about the games I play. Since this is the first post on this blog, I'll start by telling you a little bit about myself:

By day I'm an elementary school teacher, entertaining and (hopefully) educating third graders. By night (and weekends and holidays) I'm a husband, a father, and a gamer - in that particular order. I absolutely love outdoor activities, such as hunting, fishing, four-wheeling, hiking, etc., but after becoming a father I haven't had much time for these things. Playing video games, however, has proved to be a much more convenient means of entertainment - at least for now.

I started computer gaming around 1995, with the release of MYST on CD-ROM. It wasn't long after that that I got into Doom, Quake, Warcraft II, and eventually the Half-Life series, which has been my favorite so far. I am currently a staff writer for Planet Half-Life, which has been a blast.

Since the days of Quake, I have been playing under the handle Golgotha, a name I chose because of its significance to my religious beliefs. I've had several tags affixed to the ends of my call sign (including the TFC clans =|SCC|=, -=[BBB]=-, and [R-Dk]), but now I have settled with the <0w0|> tag worn by the awesome members of the Half-Life community One World On-Line, of which I have been a member for some years now.

I will, of course, post more information and hopefully get a little creative with things as I learn more about this blogging stuff. If you're interested (or know someone who might be), you can check out my wife's infinitely superior blog, Laughing Through the Chaos.
Thank you again for reading, and I hope you stick around to see what is to come!

2 comments:

  1. Hi--I am a Follower of your wife's blog and I don't really know what the hell you are talking about for most of these posts but I love that you are doing this. I did play Myst years ago and was TERRIBLE. I was definitely not smart enough to play it --- it took me and a friend about 20 hours to figure out how to get off the damn island and then once we got to another place, I just went around and around and around. I doubt taht I am your target audience but I wanted to stop by and say "hi" since I enjoy your wife's blog so much. I am her separated at birth sister you know...so I guess you and I are related! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thanks for stopping by. It's always good to hear from obscure non-relatives who I've never met =P.

    But seriously, thanks. And I don't think your troubles with Myst were a matter of unintelligence - it took me over a year to beat it. That was before I had the internet, and probably before walkthroughs were available.

    ReplyDelete